World 200m freestyle champion Federica Pellegrini has tested positive for Covid-19 with the International Swimming League set to start on Friday in Budapest.
The 2008 Olympic gold medallist made the tearful announcement on her Instagram story, saying that she left a training session in Italy on Wednesday in pain and with a developing a sore throat.
A test subsequently showed she had the coronavirus which means she will not travel to the Hungarian capital on Monday to join up with the Aqua Centurions.Read Swimming World
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- Rommel Pacheco – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Keri-Anne Payne stellar Gold Medal performance over 10km at Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach