The search for a missing swimmer on Lake Travis who went under and failed to resurface on Saturday evening has turned to recovery efforts.
The incident happened around 5:30 p.m. at 16120 Wharf Cove, according to Austin-Travis County EMS (ATCEMS).
Lake Patrol and a fire boat were in the area with two swimmers in the water searching, ATCEMS said. STAR Flight rescue helicopter had also been assigned.
Just after 6 p.m., ATCEMS said rescue efforts have transitioned to recovery mode and the scene will be turned over to law enforcement.See KVUE
- Russia’s Putin takes traditional Epiphany dip in icy waters
- Boys Swim Season Restarts
- The Woman Swimming in Frozen Lakes For Lockdown Exercise | This Morning
- Klete Keller: why did an Olympic champion invade the US Capitol?
- The Donna Drake Show with Rowdy Gaines, Three-time Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer
- Olympic Swimmer Hopes His Battle With Depression Can Help Others
- Steve Parry – ‘Public swimming pools could close without complaints’
- Swimming with the Rarest Alligators in the World | Gatorland Vlogs