The search for a missing swimmer on Lake Travis who went under and failed to resurface on Saturday evening has turned to recovery efforts.
The incident happened around 5:30 p.m. at 16120 Wharf Cove, according to Austin-Travis County EMS (ATCEMS).
Lake Patrol and a fire boat were in the area with two swimmers in the water searching, ATCEMS said. STAR Flight rescue helicopter had also been assigned.
Just after 6 p.m., ATCEMS said rescue efforts have transitioned to recovery mode and the scene will be turned over to law enforcement.See KVUE
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- Rommel Pacheco – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Keri-Anne Payne stellar Gold Medal performance over 10km at Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach