Canada’s artistic swim team has stopped training following complaints from athletes.
The Canadian team had just resumed preparations for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games when it was pulled from the pool Monday at Montreal’s Olympic Park Sport Centre.
Canada Artistic Swimming chief executive officer Jackie Buckingham would not identify the exact nature of the complaints.
“We have suspended our operations for hopefully a short period of time while we do an internal review of some of the information that we’ve been provided through a couple of athletes and several others,” Buckingham told The Canadian Press.
“There have been conduct-related comments. They’re talking about things like athlete safety and this is a huge priority for Canada Artistic Swimming.”Read Preeceville Progress
- Dramatic Rescue: Rescue Swimmers Brave Pounding Surf and Cliffs to Pull Man to Safety in Presidio
- Lars Frolander wins Gold in an incredibly close race at Fukuoka 2001 | FINA World Championships
- Olympic swimmer helping dissident Belarus athletes
- Michigan Swimming and Diving | Getting Better Every Day
- ISL 2020 Highlights: Match 1. Day 1.
- High 5: Skyline High Swimmers Doing Good Deeds To Raise Funds For Swim Team
- Swimming In Syrup Is As Easy As Swimming In Water
- Swimming Around Alcatraz Island | The #AskASwimPro Show