Canada’s artistic swim team has stopped training following complaints from athletes.
The Canadian team had just resumed preparations for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games when it was pulled from the pool Monday at Montreal’s Olympic Park Sport Centre.
Canada Artistic Swimming chief executive officer Jackie Buckingham would not identify the exact nature of the complaints.
“We have suspended our operations for hopefully a short period of time while we do an internal review of some of the information that we’ve been provided through a couple of athletes and several others,” Buckingham told The Canadian Press.
“There have been conduct-related comments. They’re talking about things like athlete safety and this is a huge priority for Canada Artistic Swimming.”Read Preeceville Progress
- Lessons From Legends: The Development of Simone Manuel, Coach Allison Beebe
- Guy Crashes Drone Off Canadian Coast, Freediving YouTuber Helps Him Find It
- How Ranomi Kromowidjojo Prepares Mentally for the Biggest Moments | Inside With Brett Hawke
- Meet Kyiv’s Polar Bear Swimmers
- Post-Olympic Depression | Calvyn Justus
- Eagle Ford is proud to sponsor Tatjana Schoenmaker, Olympic Swimmer
- How to Draft in Open Water Swimming | Kona Endurance
- International Olympic Committee Denies Reports That Tokyo Summer Games Will Be Canceled