Join Coaches Corner host Mike Murray as he welcomes Coach Mark Hesse for a discussion on why having a curious mind is an essential component for your growth as a leader in the sport of swimming. Mike & Mark will investigate some strategies for coaches to gain a deeper understanding of how to evolve, ways to develop your personal coaching philosophy and why being a lifelong learner is critical in the business of coaching!
One of the most well-known faces across national championship pool decks, Coach Hesse most recently worked as a USA Swimming Performance Development Manager from 2012 to 2020 . He has over 27 years of coaching experience as a club coach at Fort Washington Township, Sugar Creek Swim Club, Ft. Worth Area Swim Team, Mission Bay, and Burke Barracudas. Mark is an ASCA Level 5 Certified Coach and has placed swimmers in Olympic Trials Semi-Finals and on USA Swimming’s National Junior Team.
- Double Amputee Paralympian Gets Accosted by Angry Woman for Parking in Handicap Lane
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island
- Ukrainians celebrate Epiphany with icy water dips
- Swim Brothers Teaching Multicultural Communities How to Stay Safe in the Surf
- Lessons From Legends: The Development of Simone Manuel, Coach Allison Beebe
- Guy Crashes Drone Off Canadian Coast, Freediving YouTuber Helps Him Find It
- How Ranomi Kromowidjojo Prepares Mentally for the Biggest Moments | Inside With Brett Hawke
- Meet Kyiv’s Polar Bear Swimmers