Join Coaches Corner host Mike Murray as he welcomes Coach Mark Hesse for a discussion on why having a curious mind is an essential component for your growth as a leader in the sport of swimming. Mike & Mark will investigate some strategies for coaches to gain a deeper understanding of how to evolve, ways to develop your personal coaching philosophy and why being a lifelong learner is critical in the business of coaching!
One of the most well-known faces across national championship pool decks, Coach Hesse most recently worked as a USA Swimming Performance Development Manager from 2012 to 2020 . He has over 27 years of coaching experience as a club coach at Fort Washington Township, Sugar Creek Swim Club, Ft. Worth Area Swim Team, Mission Bay, and Burke Barracudas. Mark is an ASCA Level 5 Certified Coach and has placed swimmers in Olympic Trials Semi-Finals and on USA Swimming’s National Junior Team.
- Top 10 Water Polo Matches at the Olympics | Top Moments
- Jahir Ocampo – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Coast Guard rescue swimmer recounts saving 3 sailors
- ILS Reschedules World Conference on Drowning Prevention (WCDP) 2021 to 2023
- Bill Beekman on cutting swimming as a varsity sport
- Michigan State University ending swimming, diving programs
- How I Went From Crappy Swimmer to Swimming 10km
- How To Start Swimming After A Break | Returning To Water After A Layoff | Global Triathlon Network