“Before the race, I always used to look up at my mum and dad, and give a bit of nod or a wave to them.
“I couldn’t find them before that race – it was just so jam-packed. There was 17 or 18,000 people around this small 50 metre pool.
“As soon as I won, I turned around – you kind of go crazy, all the emotions come out, a dream come true – but then I looked straight at them!
“It was like picking a needle out of a haystack, and I got to see them and celebrate that with them.”Listen to 2GB
- Heroes recognized for saving swimmer’s life at Roger Carter Community Center
- Boy pulled from swimming pool in critical condition
- How To Sprint Freestyle Faster | Front Crawl Swimming Speed Tips | Global Triathlon Network
- Daniel Gyurta wins back to back Gold in Rome 2009 and Barcelona 2013 | FINA World Championships
- Top 10 Water Polo Matches at the Olympics | Top Moments
- Jahir Ocampo – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Coast Guard rescue swimmer recounts saving 3 sailors
- ILS Reschedules World Conference on Drowning Prevention (WCDP) 2021 to 2023