“Before the race, I always used to look up at my mum and dad, and give a bit of nod or a wave to them.
“I couldn’t find them before that race – it was just so jam-packed. There was 17 or 18,000 people around this small 50 metre pool.
“As soon as I won, I turned around – you kind of go crazy, all the emotions come out, a dream come true – but then I looked straight at them!
“It was like picking a needle out of a haystack, and I got to see them and celebrate that with them.”Listen to 2GB
- Pioneering Rescue Swimmer Sara Faulkner Details Sexual Harassment in the Coast Guard
- How Does A Masters Swimmers Do A Comeback For a PR? | Swimmer Strength
- Inside Look | Swimming With the Manatees in Crystal River, Florida
- Fastest Swims of All Time | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Championships Record | Nicholas Santos | #FINAHangzhou2018 | 50m Butterfly
- Lapland town of Salla highlights climate crisis with 2032 Olympics campaign
- Experts Question Florida Bid To Host 2021 Summer Olympics: ‘Mind-Bogglingly Stupid’
- Cold Comforts of Winter Swimming Continue in Ireland