Libby Bligh had been swimming with a friend near Ardersier in the Highlands on Saturday when she was stung on her hand by a lion’s mane jellyfish.
Within a short time she was left severely unwell and struggling to breathe.
Her friend drove her to hospital in Inverness where she spent 12 hours receiving treatment.
Lion’s mane jellyfish are common in UK waters and seen from May until early autumn. Their tentacles can grow up to 3m (10ft) in length and are covered in stinging cells. These are used for catching fish and smaller jellyfish for food.Read BBC
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- Rommel Pacheco – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Keri-Anne Payne stellar Gold Medal performance over 10km at Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach