Ryan Lochte recalls ‘Lochtegate,’ the 2016 incident where Lochte and fellow US swim team members fabricated being held at gunpoint in Rio de Janeiro. Lochte was ultimately suspended by USA Swimming for 10 months, and lost his commercial sponsors. The time that followed was dark for Lochte, he even wondered what would happen if he went to sleep and didn’t wake up. And while he is still struggling to find sponsors, he attributes the situation to solidifying his relationship with his wife, Kayla. Plus, Lochte talks about his 14-month suspension for taking a vitamin B-12 by IV. Kayla Lochte describes her surprise at his suspension, and her feelings of responsibility. And Steve Lochte, Ryan’s father, gives his perspective on the media’s coverage of the Rio incident.
This show was recorded in accordance with CDC COVID-19 safety guidelines. All crew tested negative before the production.
- Pioneering Rescue Swimmer Sara Faulkner Details Sexual Harassment in the Coast Guard
- How Does A Masters Swimmers Do A Comeback For a PR? | Swimmer Strength
- Inside Look | Swimming With the Manatees in Crystal River, Florida
- Fastest Swims of All Time | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Championships Record | Nicholas Santos | #FINAHangzhou2018 | 50m Butterfly
- Lapland town of Salla highlights climate crisis with 2032 Olympics campaign
- Experts Question Florida Bid To Host 2021 Summer Olympics: ‘Mind-Bogglingly Stupid’
- Cold Comforts of Winter Swimming Continue in Ireland