It’s easy to look at Mick Fanning and think life’s a beach. He’s a three-time world surfing champion who has earned millions of dollars doing what he loves. He even part-owns a brewery. But what on the surface looks like a dream existence masks years of pain and suffering below. Now for the first time, the 39-year-old surfer is talking about his deep blues, which at their worst meant he didn’t leave his house for months on end. Tom Steinfort reports that Fanning’s tough times began after his epic battle with a shark in 2015. Most of the world thought he was indestructible, but the truth could not have been more different. It has taken five difficult years, but now with help from his mates, his mum and his fiancée, Mick Fanning has risen from the depths. He also has a brand-new reason not to leave home: fatherhood.
- Are Pool Main Drains Dangerous? | Swimming Pool Steve
- ‘My Octopus Teacher’ Stuns Audiences, Reinforces Power of Nature
- Arati Saha: Who was the groundbreaking Indian swimmer and why is Google honoring her?
- Aquatic Day Celebration 2020 ● Uganda’s Olympic swimmers on the impact of swimming in their lives
- This woman can do some remarkable dance moves underwater | Your Morning
- 15,000 Calorie Great British Swim Challenge | Zac Perna ft Ross Edgley
- Swimmer Bitten on Head by Crocodile
- Simple, Easy Tips to Swimming Butterfly | U.S. Masters Swimming