The purpose of the 6/1/6 Drill is to develop better body positioning, better body balancing, and awareness (resting on your lungs). This drill is an advancement to Single-Arm Lead (KOS – Kicking on Side) that develops full stroke arm timing. These are performed as kicks/strokes/kicks for the number that is specified in each position of the drill title. 6 kicks / 1 stroke / 6 kicks. Perform these while kicking on your side with one arm leading.
– During kicking portion work to establish and maintain good balance and positioning.
– Think about the efficiency of the upcoming stroke.
– Keep a front quadrant style of strokes between kicking.
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim
- Olympic Swimming Medalist Klete Keller Released But Ordered To Stay Away From DC
- Ryan Murphy Backstroke Analysis | Insane Technique | MySwimPro
- ‘Curtains of death’: Nets designed to protect swimmers are killing sharks in South Africa
- Swimmer injured in Perth bull shark attack