The Western United States continues to experience excessive heat, with dangerous temperatures here in the Coachella Valley. The Palm Desert Aquatic Center is providing some relief.
It’s a cool way to workout. The Palm Desert Aquatic Center is now back in business for lap swimming. Swimmers can sign up for a 45-minute time slot online. One person is allowed per lane in each session.
“We’re glad that it’s only a 45 minute swim session for people because we don’t want anyone coming back and overtly pushing themselves, so our guards are really paying attention to how often someone’s stopping at the wall, how hard they’re pushing themselves, if they’re coming out and resting on a chair, because you know, a lot of these people haven’t been in the water for about five months so we want to make sure people come in and you take your swim slow,” said David Keyes, the aquatic manager.See KESQ
- China Breaks Mixed Medley Relay World Record For First Swimming World Record of 2020
- Brendan Cullen preparing for his 2021 English Channel Swim
- “We Are Changing What it Means to be Different” | Ellie Cole | Rising Phoenix | Paralympic Games
- Nina Zhivanevskaya wins Gold for Spain – Championships Record! | FINA World Championships
- Lezak, Bousquet talk about the 4×100 Free Relay from Beijing Olympics
- How Benedict Cumberbatch Learned to Freedive for Jaeger-LeCoultre’s New Short Film
- A Man of Many Talents! Simone Barlaam | Para Swimming | Paralympic Games
- Mother trying to rescue 3 children drowns in North Wildwood, officials say