Meet Hamna – an aspiring physiotherapist and competitive swimmer from the Maldives. As a student, Hamna is beginning to focus on her future prospects and career path in sports therapy. However, there are limited opportunities to study sports science in her country.
Undertaking work experience within a sports rehabilitation centre in the Maldives has been very helpful in guiding Hamna to achieve her future goals. It has given her the knowledge necessary to narrow the focus of her studies which will assist her in fulfilling her aspirations.
Reelmedia worked alongside UNICEF to document Hamna’s journey, highlighting the power and value of work experience. Her motivation and drive to overcome educational obstacles, and her passion to pursue her dream is inspiring, and a positive example of overcoming adversity to achieve success.
- Don’t ‘Spear’ The Water, Do THIS Instead | Feedback Friday | Effortless Swimming
- Wastewater leak into Biscayne Bay causes no-swim advisory
- 13-year-old Chen Yuxi’s Top 3 Dives at Gwangju 2019! | FINA World Championships
- ISL Season 2 Pool Tour | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- “Swimming is a generational skill.” – Sabir Muhammad | Inside with Brett Hawke
- Power in Poetry: To the Swimmer
- Dana Vollmer vs Alicia Coutts – 7 hundredths of a second between Gold & Silver!
- Having Trouble With Your Freestyle Breath? Try This Simple Hack | SwimVice