The Coast Guard rescued a man attempting a mile-long swim off of Dauphin Island.
According to USCG, the man tried to swim from the southern tip Pelican Island to the Pelican Island Sandbar about a mile away. His wife called for help after he had not returned after an hour and a half.
A Coast Guard boat went to the area and found the man in the water. He told rescuers he was caught in a current and could not swim out of it.Read FOX10
- We Tried to Become Olympic Divers in 1 Hour
- Tokyo Olympics CEO suggests relaxed entry rules for athletes
- Tokyo Olympics’ Biggest Coronavirus Challenge Could Be Team USA
- Flynny’s Northern Arena and Banana Boat New Zealand Ocean Swim Series Challenge
- How to Swim Butterfly with Perfect Technique | MySwimPro
- Swimming with the Y NSW | You are never too old to start
- Yannick Agnel: Danas Rapsys Is the Only Man Who Knows How to Swim the 200 Free Right Now
- Swimming Phenom Vera Rivard