Twenty-seven people — mostly kids — were sickened by a chemical exposure during swimming lessons at a Parsippany pool, sending four children and one adult to the hospital Friday morning, authorities said.
Police were called to the Glacier Hills Association Pool where the individuals, primarily children taking swimming lessons, had been exposed to a vapor cloud of chlorine and muriatic acid around 9:20 a.m., Chief Andrew Miller said in a release.
The five people hospitalized were taken to Morristown Medical Center with respiratory issues while 18 others of various ages were treated at the scene, police said.
- Are Pool Main Drains Dangerous? | Swimming Pool Steve
- ‘My Octopus Teacher’ Stuns Audiences, Reinforces Power of Nature
- Arati Saha: Who was the groundbreaking Indian swimmer and why is Google honoring her?
- Aquatic Day Celebration 2020 ● Uganda’s Olympic swimmers on the impact of swimming in their lives
- This woman can do some remarkable dance moves underwater | Your Morning
- 15,000 Calorie Great British Swim Challenge | Zac Perna ft Ross Edgley
- Swimmer Bitten on Head by Crocodile
- Simple, Easy Tips to Swimming Butterfly | U.S. Masters Swimming