Swim training doesn’t have to take place in the pool. At TriDot, we are big proponents of incorporating “Tubing” into your Tri training. Here are the 3 steps you need to follow in order to get the most out of your swim tube workouts
Step 1: Buy swim specific tubes We recommend the Halo SPHandle with Tubing from Lanegainer.com or the StretchCordz found on Amazon.
Step 2: Learn how to properly work the 3 primary movements. The Catch, Diagonal, and Finish. With the resistance tubes we can isolate these 1 at a time, put two of them together, or mimic the full stroke with all 3.
Step 3: Combine the three primary movements into a workout routine based on number of reps or by the duration of time. Focus on maintaining good form, and only do as many reps as you can complete while maintaining good form. Examples of possible routines are below.
- Canterbury Year 12 students visit the almost completed Aquatic and Tennis Centre
- Brent Hayden Open Water Swimming With FORM Goggles and Live Heart Rate
- Lab Series Introduces New Rescue Water Series With Calvyn Justus
- Are you up for the #SwimAgain Challenge? | Swimming Canada
- ‘Sunrise Swiming’ at Bray Lake
- Simon Popelka | Recruiting Swimming | ASM Scholarships
- How to Swim Faster Butterfly | MySwimPro
- The burden of weight | Artistic swimmer Debbie Soh | Toughest Part of Sport