For this months Propulsion Swimming Challenge we were invited by Ice Swimming World Champion, John Myatt to experience his ice barrel at ice HQ. John uses this barrel to help aclimatise his body to the freezing water temperatures he faces when competing in Ice swimming!
We spent a 5 minutes each in the water, which was a barmy 0.9 degrees celcius, so that we could see just what insane conditions he has to deal with!
WARNING – We completed this challenge under the expert guidance of an experienced professional. We wouldn’t recommend doing this alone without expert knowledge.
John won Gold in his age group at the Ice Swimming World Championships in Murmansk, Russia 2019. If you want to listen to our podcast interview with John follow this link – https://youtu.be/lNZ1aZsJhvo
- How to Swim Faster Butterfly | MySwimPro
- The burden of weight | Artistic swimmer Debbie Soh | Toughest Part of Sport
- High surf advisory discouraging swimmers from getting one last swim in
- Laura Kellberg | Recruiting Swimming | ASM Scholarships
- Scottish swimmer ‘lucky to be alive’ after jellyfish sting
- ISL Training Camp // Turkey 2020 // Michael Andrew Vlogs
- The Difference Between a Good vs Great Swimmer With Kaitlin Sandeno
- Inside with Brett Hawke: James Guy