The International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Friday disregarded President Donald Trump’s suggestion to postpone the 2020 Olympics, stating that they will “absolutely not” be postponed.
“The IOC and the organizing committee are not considering cancellation or postponement—absolutely not at all,” said Seiko Hashimoto, a former Olympic bronze medalist and Japan’s Olympic minister.
Hashimoto’s comments came just days after Trump said he thinks the committee should consider postponing the 2020 Olympics because of the coronavirus outbreak.
“I just can’t see having no people there. In other words, not allowing people,” Trump said Thursday at the White House. “Maybe, and this is just my idea, maybe they postpone it for a year.”
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim
- Olympic Swimming Medalist Klete Keller Released But Ordered To Stay Away From DC
- Ryan Murphy Backstroke Analysis | Insane Technique | MySwimPro
- ‘Curtains of death’: Nets designed to protect swimmers are killing sharks in South Africa
- Swimmer injured in Perth bull shark attack
- Federal charges for Olympic gold medalist Klete Keller following US Capitol riot
- Ultimate Underwater Flip Challenge | Cody Miller Vlogs