The International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Friday disregarded President Donald Trump’s suggestion to postpone the 2020 Olympics, stating that they will “absolutely not” be postponed.
“The IOC and the organizing committee are not considering cancellation or postponement—absolutely not at all,” said Seiko Hashimoto, a former Olympic bronze medalist and Japan’s Olympic minister.
Hashimoto’s comments came just days after Trump said he thinks the committee should consider postponing the 2020 Olympics because of the coronavirus outbreak.
“I just can’t see having no people there. In other words, not allowing people,” Trump said Thursday at the White House. “Maybe, and this is just my idea, maybe they postpone it for a year.”
- Hip Movement When Swimming Butterfly Stroke | U.S. Masters Swimming
- Are Pool Main Drains Dangerous? | Swimming Pool Steve
- ‘My Octopus Teacher’ Stuns Audiences, Reinforces Power of Nature
- Arati Saha: Who was the groundbreaking Indian swimmer and why is Google honoring her?
- Aquatic Day Celebration 2020 ● Uganda’s Olympic swimmers on the impact of swimming in their lives
- This woman can do some remarkable dance moves underwater | Your Morning
- 15,000 Calorie Great British Swim Challenge | Zac Perna ft Ross Edgley
- Swimmer Bitten on Head by Crocodile