The Sterling boys team took home the IHSA swimming and diving sectional title at Byron High School Saturday. They advance to the state finals with a score of 286. In the 200 medley relay, Sterling took first with a time of 1:35.34. It wasn’t just a new school record, but a new sectional record too.
In the 200 yard freestyle, Byron’s Carson Faley took first with a time of 1:44.42. In the 50-yard freestyle, Sterling’s Calvin Sandefer came in first with a time of 20.81. Guilford’s Jacob Stroup was right behind him, also qualifying for state with a time of 21.62.
For a full list of the results from Saturday’s events, head over to MyStateline.com.
- Jenny Garrison, North Central Triathlon and Swimming Coach, Discusses Female Role Models
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships