Heywire winner Lauren Paynter, Nyah, Vic
Across Australia, small towns are dying out. Unfortunately, so is mine.
But when my local pool, the community hub for so many, was under threat of closure, I knew I had to do something.
I still remember the first time I touched the bottom of the deep end and I have many great memories of the afternoons I spent racing my siblings up and down the pool.
My family would often be the first ones there when it opened for the day, to do some laps before the sun came up.
To me, it is my home away from home.
- Canterbury Year 12 students visit the almost completed Aquatic and Tennis Centre
- Brent Hayden Open Water Swimming With FORM Goggles and Live Heart Rate
- Lab Series Introduces New Rescue Water Series With Calvyn Justus
- Are you up for the #SwimAgain Challenge? | Swimming Canada
- ‘Sunrise Swiming’ at Bray Lake
- Simon Popelka | Recruiting Swimming | ASM Scholarships
- How to Swim Faster Butterfly | MySwimPro
- The burden of weight | Artistic swimmer Debbie Soh | Toughest Part of Sport