Is there more to your local swimming hole? Located in the centre of Tamworth is “Galala” – Paradise, home to “Gariya” the rainbow serpent.
Marc Sutherland shares the ancient old story of Gariya. Told since the beginning of time, passed down through generations this story tells of the importance of Aboriginal Lore and care for country, especially our rivers and waterways which are the veins and pulse of mother earth.
Many that visit Paradise for a swim are oblivious to its significance to Gamilaraay people of the Tamworth area.
- Jenny Garrison, North Central Triathlon and Swimming Coach, Discusses Female Role Models
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships