Innisfail’s Mary and Duncan Patterson visit their local pool twice a week.
The water aerobics workouts help keep their bodies fit, but the benefits to their mental well-being run much deeper.
Duncan has dementia and wife Mary is his full-time carer.
For Mary, the pool is a place of respite. For Duncan, it’s a source of social interaction.
At the pool, the Patterson’s are immersed in a community that cares, where the support and encouragement offered by their fellow exercisers is overflowing.
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships
- Announcement of Grand Opening Ceremony of Tokyo Aquatics Centre