Waves for Change is improving the mental health of young adults in South Africa by teaching them how to surf.
The Fabled West Coast of South Africa produces some of the world’s most pristine surf. Here, a local social enterprise, Waves for Change, is working in the heart of Cape Town’s most deeply troubled Communities to help break the wave of violence that shapes township life. Using the untapped healing power of surfing to help thousands of young adults escape the endless cycle of gang warfare.
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships
- Announcement of Grand Opening Ceremony of Tokyo Aquatics Centre