Old lady Yai Bua has a difficult time moving her legs the way that she might want them to move. The years have had their toll on her, and she is sore and tired and sometimes unsteady. She has fallen down more than a few times but she never fails to stand up again. She never gives up, and she is proud to be herself.
She loves to swim but the river now is a bit of a walk for her with uneven ground and loose sand and stone on the way into the water. When our old lady does not give up, we also will not let her down. We worked quickly to build a swimming pool for her next to her enclosure so that she can enjoy a relaxing time whenever she wants it.
The pool was a month in construction. Yai Bua is quite happy about it, and can be frequently seen dawdling off to her pool when she is tired of standing. The buoyancy of her body in the water gives her confidence to stand again, whereas on dry land, she will not lie down even if she has good piles of sand as a bed. We will always try to help our older ladies at Elephant Nature Park.
This great grand nanny shows to us her strong inner character and determination. She inspires me to a similar strength and courage. When Yai Bua will not give up, what excuse could we possibly offer ?
Learn More : http://www.saveelephant.org
- Jacob Templeton Paralympian Swimmer
- International Swimming Conference 2020: 100% online and free
- Sink Or Swim? Asia’s Sinking Villages Engulfed By Rising Seas | The Longest Day | Climate Change
- ‘Overtime’ Spotlight: Boylan Swimmer Nhia Caras
- Max Well Therapy: ‘Swimmer Six’ Shoulder Care w/ Brittani Bennett
- Romanchuk And The Karate Chop | Effortless Swimming
- Swim with Seals
- Get Hyped for Girls’ Swimming