Peruvian swimmer Mauricio Fiol announced on Thursday he has pulled out of the 2019 Pan American Games due to a positive doping test, multiple sources have reported. Fiol won the silver medal in the 2015 Pan American Games for Peru but was disqualified for testing positive for stanozolol, the same substance that Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson famously tested positive for in the 1988 Olympic Games.
Fiol had been suspended four years and was hoping to make his return to competition at a home Pan American Games in Lima next week. But Fiol tested positive for the same substance again, ending his chances at competing next week. He was set to swim all three relays for Peru.
- World’s deepest diving pool opens in Poland
- Don’t ‘Spear’ The Water, Do THIS Instead | Feedback Friday | Effortless Swimming
- Wastewater leak into Biscayne Bay causes no-swim advisory
- 13-year-old Chen Yuxi’s Top 3 Dives at Gwangju 2019! | FINA World Championships
- ISL Season 2 Pool Tour | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- “Swimming is a generational skill.” – Sabir Muhammad | Inside with Brett Hawke
- Power in Poetry: To the Swimmer
- Dana Vollmer vs Alicia Coutts – 7 hundredths of a second between Gold & Silver!