Peruvian swimmer Mauricio Fiol announced on Thursday he has pulled out of the 2019 Pan American Games due to a positive doping test, multiple sources have reported. Fiol won the silver medal in the 2015 Pan American Games for Peru but was disqualified for testing positive for stanozolol, the same substance that Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson famously tested positive for in the 1988 Olympic Games.
Fiol had been suspended four years and was hoping to make his return to competition at a home Pan American Games in Lima next week. But Fiol tested positive for the same substance again, ending his chances at competing next week. He was set to swim all three relays for Peru.
- Swimmer found unresponsive, pronounced dead at Magic Island
- ‘Coach Rich’ vows to rebuild aquatic center after Hurricane Sally destroyed it
- Farmington uses dogs, families as cardboard cutout fans for swim meets
- Video shows huge alligator swimming in storm surge after Hurricane Sally hit
- Ryan Lochte’s first individual Olympic gold medal goes missing
- Jacob Templeton Paralympian Swimmer
- International Swimming Conference 2020: 100% online and free
- Sink Or Swim? Asia’s Sinking Villages Engulfed By Rising Seas | The Longest Day | Climate Change