Santa Barbara Police say a woman has died after suffering a medical emergency while swimming in the ocean on Sunday.
Emergency crews were called to East Cabrillo Boulevard around 9:50 a.m.
Police say when they arrived, bystanders were conducting CPR on the beach. When medics arrived, they were not able to revive her.
Police say the woman is estimated to be in her late 40’s. Her identity has not been released.
- Lezak, Bousquet talk about the 4×100 Free Relay from Beijing Olympics
- How Benedict Cumberbatch Learned to Freedive for Jaeger-LeCoultre’s New Short Film
- A Man of Many Talents! Simone Barlaam | Para Swimming | Paralympic Games
- Mother trying to rescue 3 children drowns in North Wildwood, officials say
- DU suspends 38 swimming/diving student-athletes for attending large off-campus party
- The “Rescue Swimmer” Pool Workout
- Stevie White’s Real Job? (Champion Swimmer?) | Happy Hour Podcast
- Arnaud Jerald: Record-breaking free diver explains the thrill of exploring ocean depths