The World Anti-doping Agency said Wednesday it had filed an appeal against a decision to clear Chinese swimming star Sun Yang of missing an out of competition doping test.
WADA, meeting in Lausanne, told AFP that it had filed the appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport following a decision by swimming’s world governing body FINA not to pursue a case against the multiple world champion.
Sun, who has won Olympic gold in the 200m, 400m and 1,500m freestyle, missed an out-of-competition test on September 4 at his home in China’s Zhejiang province.
“WADA has filed a CAS appeal in the case of Sun Yang,” a spokesman for the anti-doping authority said.
- CMS Parents Angered Over Sports Cancellation
- MSU Swimmers Fight to Save Sport
- Social Media Users Call for Olympian Klete Keller to Lose Medals in Wake of Capitol Attack
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim
- Olympic Swimming Medalist Klete Keller Released But Ordered To Stay Away From DC