‘After the recent days’ debate on girls and women’s wear in sports, Ulla Gustavsson has today decided to resign as chairman of the Swedish Sim Association.
– Ulla Gustavsson has a big heart for Swedish Swimming, and we are grateful for the work she has put into the movement, nationally and internationally. But the Swedish Swimming Federation’s board takes the recent debate very seriously, and has concluded that there are no longer conditions for Ulla Gustavsson to successfully lead the Swedish Swimming Federation, says Stefan Persson, vice chairman of the Swedish Swimming Federation’s board. Ulla Gustavsson has, therefore, decided to resign as Chairman of the Board. Her personal perceptions and statements contrast with the Swedish Swimming Federation’s strategy and basic view that all children should fit into our activities on equal terms.
Stefan Persson, Vice Chairman, will act as Acting Chairman of the Swedish Swimming Federation until the annual meeting in the spring of 2020.
- Lezak, Bousquet talk about the 4×100 Free Relay from Beijing Olympics
- How Benedict Cumberbatch Learned to Freedive for Jaeger-LeCoultre’s New Short Film
- A Man of Many Talents! Simone Barlaam | Para Swimming | Paralympic Games
- Mother trying to rescue 3 children drowns in North Wildwood, officials say
- DU suspends 38 swimming/diving student-athletes for attending large off-campus party
- The “Rescue Swimmer” Pool Workout
- Stevie White’s Real Job? (Champion Swimmer?) | Happy Hour Podcast
- Arnaud Jerald: Record-breaking free diver explains the thrill of exploring ocean depths