A diver almost became a real-life Joan-ah thanks to a perfectly timed photo which made it look like she was being eaten by a whale shark.
Marine biologist Kori Garza was diving off the coast of Papua, Indonesia, on January 9 when she was greeted with a giant shark measuring almost seven metres in length.
As the giant animal swap around the 27-year-old, diving partner and friend Etoile Smulders captured the moment the shark passed overhead.
At that precise moment, the top half of Kori’s body was completely covered by the animal’s huge body, revealing just her legs, making it look like she was being eaten by the whale shark.
- Kristof Milak claims New World Record at Gwangju 2019 | FINA World Championships
- The Drive-In Swimming Pool
- UCLA Swims for Cancer
- Florida deputy jumps on Jet Ski, chases down fugitive trying to swim away, body cam video shows
- Body Of Drowning Victim Recovered After Days Of Searching At Chatfield State Park
- Swimming to honour her father
- Russian swimmers complete eco-relay across Lake Baikal | AFP
- Swimmers face threat from rip currents following Tropical Storm Isaias