For most of us swimming is perhaps something we normally do in the summer, ideally in warm Mediterranean waters or, if pushed, at the local swimming pool, provided the temperature mirrors that of the Bahamas. So, spare a though for those hardy souls who will be competing in this years UK Cold water swimming Championships.
The event is open to all level of swimmers; it will feature solo races based on age groups ranging from ‘under 19’ through to 80. Alongside the usual swimming styles such as front crawl and breast stroke, swimmers can also take part in historic Old English Backstroke races.
Now in its 8th year the event has grown in numbers each year. It now attracts International Cold water swimmers from Scandinavia, Germany, Australia, Finland and Russia.
- We Tried to Become Olympic Divers in 1 Hour
- Tokyo Olympics CEO suggests relaxed entry rules for athletes
- Tokyo Olympics’ Biggest Coronavirus Challenge Could Be Team USA
- Flynny’s Northern Arena and Banana Boat New Zealand Ocean Swim Series Challenge
- How to Swim Butterfly with Perfect Technique | MySwimPro
- Swimming with the Y NSW | You are never too old to start
- Yannick Agnel: Danas Rapsys Is the Only Man Who Knows How to Swim the 200 Free Right Now
- Swimming Phenom Vera Rivard