For most of us swimming is perhaps something we normally do in the summer, ideally in warm Mediterranean waters or, if pushed, at the local swimming pool, provided the temperature mirrors that of the Bahamas. So, spare a though for those hardy souls who will be competing in this years UK Cold water swimming Championships.
The event is open to all level of swimmers; it will feature solo races based on age groups ranging from ‘under 19’ through to 80. Alongside the usual swimming styles such as front crawl and breast stroke, swimmers can also take part in historic Old English Backstroke races.
Now in its 8th year the event has grown in numbers each year. It now attracts International Cold water swimmers from Scandinavia, Germany, Australia, Finland and Russia.
- International Olympic Committee Denies Reports That Tokyo Summer Games Will Be Canceled
- Are the 2021 Tokyo Olympics Canceled? | MySwimPro
- SwimVice | Pro Analysis Series – Simone Manuel 100 Meter Freestyle 2016 Rio Olympics
- Why You’re Out Of Breath After 100m Swimming | How To Master Freestyle Swim Breathing | Global Triathlon Network
- ‘It felt like I was the first person to step on Mars’: Anchorage free divers plunge into icy Rabbit Lake
- Homemade Protein Balls For Swimmer | Swimmer Strength
- Road to Tokyo: First Race of 2021 | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Swimming in the Ice Hole for Christening