A 29-year-old New Jersey man has died of a brain-eating parasite after swimming in a wave pool at a Texas resort.
Fabrizio Stabile swam at the BSR Cable Park in Waco, Texas during a visit to the area, before returning home to New Jersey.
Then on Sept. 16, Stabile was mowing the lawn when he had to stop due to a severe headache. He took medication and slept through the night, but was still dealing with pain the next day, and went back to sleep with more medication.
That afternoon, his mother tried to wake him up but Stabile was unable to get out of bed or speak coherently, and he was rushed to the hospital, according to his GoFundMe page.
- Jenny Garrison, North Central Triathlon and Swimming Coach, Discusses Female Role Models
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships