A 29-year-old New Jersey man has died of a brain-eating parasite after swimming in a wave pool at a Texas resort.
Fabrizio Stabile swam at the BSR Cable Park in Waco, Texas during a visit to the area, before returning home to New Jersey.
Then on Sept. 16, Stabile was mowing the lawn when he had to stop due to a severe headache. He took medication and slept through the night, but was still dealing with pain the next day, and went back to sleep with more medication.
That afternoon, his mother tried to wake him up but Stabile was unable to get out of bed or speak coherently, and he was rushed to the hospital, according to his GoFundMe page.
- The Donna Drake Show with Rowdy Gaines, Three-time Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer
- Olympic Swimmer Hopes His Battle With Depression Can Help Others
- Steve Parry – ‘Public swimming pools could close without complaints’
- Swimming with the Rarest Alligators in the World | Gatorland Vlogs
- Ultimate Swimmer Podcast: Ryan Held
- McGill Sit-Up Test For Swimmers | Swimmer Strength
- ISL Season 2 Full Match 8
- ISL Season 2 Full Match 7