For some time now I’ve been planning to feature videos speaking to the name of this channel, namely ‘Endurance Swimming’. I’ve decided the best way to do this is to take part in a series of challenges where I attempt to complete an official marathon swimming distance in as many different bodies of water as possible.
Since 2008 when the Olympic Games first featured a 10 km open water swim, a swimming marathon has been considered a swim of a duration of 10 km or more (as opposed to 25 km which was the official distance prior to this). This is somewhat appropriate as the average time it takes a decent distance swimmer to do a 10 km swim is not too dissimilar to that which a decent marathon runner runs a 42 km marathon on the road. There is some parity here.
For my first Marathon Swimming Challenge I’ve chosen to swim 6 laps of Encounter Lakes which is located in Encounter Bay, South Australia.
- ISL Training Camp // Turkey 2020 // Michael Andrew Vlogs
- The Difference Between a Good vs Great Swimmer With Kaitlin Sandeno
- Inside with Brett Hawke: James Guy
- How a 3-year-old Dubai boy trapped in a swimming pool was rescued
- Nevada’s Ben Hines rules the pool
- Swimmer found unresponsive, pronounced dead at Magic Island
- ‘Coach Rich’ vows to rebuild aquatic center after Hurricane Sally destroyed it
- Farmington uses dogs, families as cardboard cutout fans for swim meets