According to a survey by the Swimming Teachers’ Association (STA), 68 per cent of swim schools have been impacted by the shortage, limiting their opportunities to offer lessons to children.
STA’s 2018 Industry Swimming Teachers Recruitment Survey also found that more than two-thirds of UK swim schools have a waiting list for lesson spaces, while 78 per cent said they could not find appropriately qualified swimming teaching staff to meet this demand.
Nearly three quarters (71 per cent) said difficulty in finding appropriate staff was affecting their business growth plans.
- Lessons From Legends: The Development of Simone Manuel, Coach Allison Beebe
- Guy Crashes Drone Off Canadian Coast, Freediving YouTuber Helps Him Find It
- How Ranomi Kromowidjojo Prepares Mentally for the Biggest Moments | Inside With Brett Hawke
- Meet Kyiv’s Polar Bear Swimmers
- Post-Olympic Depression | Calvyn Justus
- Eagle Ford is proud to sponsor Tatjana Schoenmaker, Olympic Swimmer
- How to Draft in Open Water Swimming | Kona Endurance
- International Olympic Committee Denies Reports That Tokyo Summer Games Will Be Canceled