Cecilia Larsson, 34, is a former competitive swimmer who used to spend all her free time in the pool. When she decided to further her education, swimming took a back seat. A sedentary lifestyle coupled with an affinity for candy and soda caused Larsson to gain weight.
Larsson eventually became prediabetic and depressed, and she found herself suffering from low self-confidence due to significant weight gain.
At CrossFit Näset in Höllviken, Sweden, everything changed.
After several months of CrossFit training, Larsson saw marked improvements in her physical and mental health, and she knew it was time to attack her diet. Under the guidance of coach Fredrik Ivehed, Larsson started the Zone Diet and hasn’t looked back.
“CrossFit and the Zone Diet have been a big barrier to cross over mentally—more mentally than physically,” she says.
Larsson cleared her mental hurdles, and at the time of filming she had lost 147 lb.
- Lessons From Legends: The Development of Simone Manuel, Coach Allison Beebe
- Guy Crashes Drone Off Canadian Coast, Freediving YouTuber Helps Him Find It
- How Ranomi Kromowidjojo Prepares Mentally for the Biggest Moments | Inside With Brett Hawke
- Meet Kyiv’s Polar Bear Swimmers
- Post-Olympic Depression | Calvyn Justus
- Eagle Ford is proud to sponsor Tatjana Schoenmaker, Olympic Swimmer
- How to Draft in Open Water Swimming | Kona Endurance
- International Olympic Committee Denies Reports That Tokyo Summer Games Will Be Canceled