Cecilia Larsson, 34, is a former competitive swimmer who used to spend all her free time in the pool. When she decided to further her education, swimming took a back seat. A sedentary lifestyle coupled with an affinity for candy and soda caused Larsson to gain weight.
Larsson eventually became prediabetic and depressed, and she found herself suffering from low self-confidence due to significant weight gain.
At CrossFit Näset in Höllviken, Sweden, everything changed.
After several months of CrossFit training, Larsson saw marked improvements in her physical and mental health, and she knew it was time to attack her diet. Under the guidance of coach Fredrik Ivehed, Larsson started the Zone Diet and hasn’t looked back.
“CrossFit and the Zone Diet have been a big barrier to cross over mentally—more mentally than physically,” she says.
Larsson cleared her mental hurdles, and at the time of filming she had lost 147 lb.
- Great White Shark Spotted Near Wells, Maine
- Olympians Elizabeth Beisel, Josh Davis, and Ashley Twichell Talk Swimming at the USMS Happy Hour
- Katie McGibbon – Swim Faster With Science | Smart Athlete Podcast Ep. 64
- How I Swam From Asia To Europe | Bosphorus Cross Continental Swim (Boğaziçi Kıtalararası Yüzme) | MySwimPro
- Paralympic swimmer’s special bond with guide dog
- Two Dead In Separate Boating Accidents On South Lake Tahoe; Officials See Increase In Water Rescues
- Accounting & Tax Planning Advice For Professional Swimmers
- Lilly King Lost This Race | Cody Miller Vlogs