Warning: These swimmers are trained athletes who are equipped and prepared for such harsh conditions. It can take years of training to be able to swim in freezing water, do not try this alone or without the proper coaching.
Open Water Chicago is a group of enthusiastic athletes who swim year-round in Lake Michigan. Steve, the founder of the group, started Open Water Chicago in 2007. Out of the hundreds who swim during the summer only a handful take to Chicago’s icy waters during the colder months when temperature regularly drops below 32 degrees.
Learn more about Open Water Chicago here – https://goo.gl/wCaH2g
- Inside with Brett Hawke: Ky Hurst
- Things Swimmers Never Say
- Why I’m ice swimming in the Lake District every day in January
- Will Wave Pools Replace Ocean Surfing? | w/ Mick Fanning & Jamie O’Brien
- The Fifth Stroke | Improving Your Underwater Dolphin Kick | Propulsion Swimming
- Just Keep Swimming | Going Long With Sam Long
- Pond Swim Race | Hamish & Andy
- A Bear Goes Into a Kiddy Pool & Relaxes After a Long Day of Bear Things | Ring TV