A petition calling for the new Paris 2024 aquatics stadium to be named after Camille Muffat, the London Olympic 400 metres freestyle champion who tragically died in a helicopter accident less than three years later, has already gained over 10,000 signatures.
Muffat was among 10 people to die when two helicopters collided in Argentina in March 2015 during the filming of a television survival show, “Dropped”, in which celebrities were being flown into hazardous terrain by helicopter and filmed as they attempted to find food and shelter.
- Fremantle Leisure Centre lifeguards honoured for bravery
- 10 Strange Things Swimmers Say To One Another
- Stanford Women’s Swimming and Diving: Ring Ceremony
- Swimmers fight to save public pool in Sugar Land
- 60 Seconds With All American Swimmer Liam Bresette
- Business is booming for Abbotsford company that turns containers into swimming pools
- Swim practice might be making you slower. Thoughts on swimming technique
- Hurricane Ophelia: ‘Idiotic’ swimmers blasted for bathing off coast of Ireland as Storm Ophelia hits