A jury has been discharged after failing to reach a verdict in the trial of a Commonwealth Games swimmer accused of raping a teenager.
Otto Putland, 23, was accused of raping the 19-year-old woman shortly after she’d had consensual sex with his best friend.
Mr Putland, of Dinedor, Hereford, had denied the charges and said the two had consensual sex following a night out in Cardiff city centre.
Today the jury cleared Mr Putland of one count of rape, but failed to reach a verdict on the second count after more than four hours of deliberation.
A decision will now be made about a potential re-trial.
- Nearly 300 Swimmers to Attend 13-and-Over Meet in Sioux Falls
- Why I Swim | MySwimPro
- I’m Training for the Mile | Blake Pieroni Vlogs
- The Native American Legend Lurking In Lake Okanagan | Boogymen | Shiver
- Trials to Triumph: Tecumseh Swimmer Overcomes Injury to Advance to State Finals
- Winter Swimmer Saves Elderly Chinese Woman Trapped in Icy Water
- Champion St. Louis Swimmer Inspired by Late Father
- North Korean Defector Survives Six-Hour Swim to South Korean Border