Michael Phelps already has 23 Olympic gold medals.
Now, the most decorated swimmer of all time is hoping to add a gold bracelet to his trophy case.
Phelps was at the Rio Convention Center on Wednesday, joining forces with professional poker players Antonio Esfandiari, Jeff Gross and Brian Rast to play in the World Series of Poker’s $10,000 buy-in Tag Team No-limit Hold ’em tournament.
“Really, just being able to come out here — especially this event, the Tag Team event — it’s just fun, getting together with a couple of guys and literally just enjoying ourselves,” Phelps said. “It’s been something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, and now I semi have the freedom to.”
- Blackboard Breakdown | Is Ryan Murphy the Backstroke King? | Propulsion Swimming
- How to Handle High-Pressure Swimming Taper Meets | The Social Kick
- Madisyn Cox Gives Advice on Navigating Freshman Year of College | Ultimate Swimmer
- Jack Bridge | Para Swimming Guide and Reliving London 2012 Paralympics | Propulsion Swimming
- CO2 Tolerance Swim Training: 5 Easy Exercises | Gert Leroy – Master Freediving
- Polish Winter Swimmers Fundraise With Baltic Dip and Beach Piano Tunes | AFP
- Swimming 250 Feet Underwater |The Man Who Doesn’t Breathe S1E1| Only Human
- Rachel Klinker ‘Honored’ to Contribute to California’s Pac-12 Women’s Swimming Championship