When the 2020 Olympics gets underway in Tokyo, Project Sky Canvas hopes to paint the sky above with shooting stars.
The plan is to put a micro-satellite in orbit that will fire tiny particles into the atmosphere.
As they fall to Earth they will burn up and become on-demand shooting stars that can be directed to any chosen location and be seen within a radius of up to 200km (124 miles).
- Champion Swimmer Recovers From Head-on Crash
- FINA World Swimming Championship (25m) – New dates confirmed
- Challenging A German Beast To A Push-Up Challenge Across Continents | Swimmer Strength
- Winter swimming enthusiast in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Caution: LCRA Receives Reports of Dogs Becoming Sick After Swimming in Area of Lake Travis
- Thin Ice: Europeans Warned Not to Skate on Thawing Canals After Spate of Accidents
- Czech Free-Diver David Vencl Shatters Ice-Swim World Record
- Dramatic Rescue of Dog in Frozen Swimming Pool Caught on Camera