Medal hopeful Paddy Barnes started boxing at age 11 and, despite losing his first 15 fights, never took a backward step. Rower, Sinead Lynch (nee Jennings), began her rowing journey at 23 years of age, and despite becoming a doctor and having three children in the meantime, is realising her dream of becoming an Olympian at 39.
Gymnast, Kieran Behan, was told twice that he’d never walk again, yet never gave up hope. Swimmer, Fiona Doyle, takes inspiration from her identical twin sister who had to give up swimming due to a back injury. When Fiona is standing alone on the blocks, she is swimming not only for herself but for her sister and her entire family who have helped her get to where she is now.
Each and every member of Team Ireland have reached within themselves to unearth The Power Within. Electric Ireland, proud sponsor of Team Ireland wants to inspire the Irish public with these powerful stories and encourage people to look within themselves to find out what drives them. Whether it’s the strength to plough through the final kilometre of a 10km run or to find the courage to go for that job promotion, we can all use The Power Within to realise our dreams.
- CMS Parents Angered Over Sports Cancellation
- MSU Swimmers Fight to Save Sport
- Social Media Users Call for Olympian Klete Keller to Lose Medals in Wake of Capitol Attack
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim
- Olympic Swimming Medalist Klete Keller Released But Ordered To Stay Away From DC