You’d be forgiven for assuming that the hairdryers in male changing rooms were rarely used.
But it seems that men in swimming pool locker rooms are taking advantage of the facilities – and not just on their heads. Instead, in a bizarre new habit, they’re using communal hairdryers on their nether regions.
Now one Icelandic pool is hitting back. The problem has become so bad that staff were forced to ask men to stop using the dryers on their groins.
They’ve even created a poster, showing an elderly man hairdrying his testicles and with a large red X covering the image.
It was issued after local swimmer Haraldur Jónasson wrote a letter of complaint that was published in a local newspaper.
Titled “This is not a ball sack dryer” it read: “Don‘t dry your ball sack or your butt with the communal hairdryer in the swimming pool or the gym.
“Bald older gentlemen with hairy torsos must either bring their own blow-dryers or just buy a more absorbent towel.”
- Top 10 Water Polo Matches at the Olympics | Top Moments
- Jahir Ocampo – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Coast Guard rescue swimmer recounts saving 3 sailors
- ILS Reschedules World Conference on Drowning Prevention (WCDP) 2021 to 2023
- Bill Beekman on cutting swimming as a varsity sport
- Michigan State University ending swimming, diving programs
- How I Went From Crappy Swimmer to Swimming 10km
- How To Start Swimming After A Break | Returning To Water After A Layoff | Global Triathlon Network