A senior at Seven Hills has qualified for the Olympic Trials.
Matthew Marquardt qualified swimming the 200 meter backstroke in 2.03. Matthew is a multi-sport athlete but has really concentrated on swimming lately. He helped lead his high school swim team to back-to-back state championships for the first time in school history. He also swims with the Sea Wolves club team. He practices eight times a week for two hours at a time.
“The way I see my story of swimming is that it’s one of kind of gradual progression. I wasn’t a super star right when I started swimming, but over time through hard work and commitment to the sport, I’ve really moved through the levels of the sport,” said Matthew.
- Xie Siyi – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Youth Hero | American Red Cross Southern California Region
- Grant Hackett’s World Record at Montreal 2005 | Fina World Championships
- Competing with Ian Thorpe and Pieter van den Hoogenband | Inside with Brett Hawke
- Antonios Tsapatakis’ Road to Becoming a World Champion | Para Swimming | Paralympic Games
- Drone video: Leopard sharks swimming near La Jolla Shores with swimmers trying to get a closer look
- Two Rules for Stretching – Swimmers Pay Attention | Surge Strength
- Artistic swimmers speak out about abuse at training centre