Seven years after declaring independence from Serbia, Kosovo has competed in the World Swimming Championships for the first time in Russia.
Despite not recognising the country’s passports, Russian authorities made an exception for this event.
The country has never previously participated in swimming at a World Championships or Olympic Games.
In February, Kosovo officially joined swimming’s World governing body FINA.
The team is hoping its debut in this year’s World Championships in Kazan will inspire other young Kosovans.
Al Jazeera’s Avni Ahmetaj reports from Pristina.
- ZEISS ZX1 Flow | Christina Jones
- Beloved swim coach in Chandler who died this summer will be honored by district
- Coyote News Swim Team
- Swimming lessons | Sports | Welcome back to University of Nottingham Swim School
- The Great Labour Ward Swim | Southampton Hospitals Charity
- Delaney Schnell – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas