After complaints of hazing, sexual assault and drug use from a former team member prompted police and Title IX investigations into Western Kentucky University’s swimming and diving teams, the school on Tuesday announced a 5-year suspension of the program.
According to a news release from WKU, Title IX Coordinator Huda Melky found evidence of violations of the student code of conduct’s discrimination and harassment policy, as well as the sexual misconduct/assault policy.
School president Gary Ransdell said the program has a “culture of misconduct” that is “intolerable.” He called the suspension “both necessary and prudent.”
- Keri-Anne Payne stellar Gold Medal performance over 10km at Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach
- Tokyo opens 15,000-seat Olympic aquatics centre
- Etiene Medeiros 🆚 Katinka Hosszu at Windsor 2016 🏊♀️ 🏁 | FINA World Championships
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths