World records were slaughtered and the high-tech ‘shark skin’ swimsuits were the new and controversial hot topic; the sport’s credibility was at stake. Then, five years ago, the suits were banned and the FINA swimwear approval commission was set up.
“With our work today we will not be caught unprepared again,” commission chairman Jan-Anders Manson told AIPS during the FINA World Aquatics Convention in Doha. The world of swimming was witness to steady record-setting before the ‘shark skin’ suits. But shortly after their introduction world records were being smashed by swimmers in new super costumes.
- ZEISS ZX1 Flow | Christina Jones
- Beloved swim coach in Chandler who died this summer will be honored by district
- Coyote News Swim Team
- Swimming lessons | Sports | Welcome back to University of Nottingham Swim School
- The Great Labour Ward Swim | Southampton Hospitals Charity
- Delaney Schnell – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas