A 17-year-old boy who had been swimming in an apartment complex’s Olympic-size indoor pool while wearing sweatpants drowned on Wednesday, prosecutors said.
Ibrahim Iqbal, of New York City, had been swimming for some time in the pool at the Crystal Village Apartments in Attleboro, where he had been staying with relatives, and his cousin was nearby, Bristol County district attorney’s office spokesman Gregg Miliote said.
Iqbal initially had been doing laps in the pool but then started swimming to the bottom of the 9-foot deep end, touching the bottom and coming back up for air, Miliote said. His cousin, who was with him at the pool but wasn’t swimming, said he did this several times before failing to come back up for air.
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach
- Tokyo opens 15,000-seat Olympic aquatics centre
- Etiene Medeiros 🆚 Katinka Hosszu at Windsor 2016 🏊♀️ 🏁 | FINA World Championships
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths
- Drone footage captures swimmers, sharks and salmon interacting at Australia’s Bondi Beach
- Representing Your Name // with Olympic Water Polo Player Maggie Steffens
- 🔥 Vladimir Morozov wins Gold in a dominant fashion at Istanbul 2012! 🔥 | FINA World Championships
- Heroes recognized for saving swimmer’s life at Roger Carter Community Center