A 17-year-old boy who had been swimming in an apartment complex’s Olympic-size indoor pool while wearing sweatpants drowned on Wednesday, prosecutors said.
Ibrahim Iqbal, of New York City, had been swimming for some time in the pool at the Crystal Village Apartments in Attleboro, where he had been staying with relatives, and his cousin was nearby, Bristol County district attorney’s office spokesman Gregg Miliote said.
Iqbal initially had been doing laps in the pool but then started swimming to the bottom of the 9-foot deep end, touching the bottom and coming back up for air, Miliote said. His cousin, who was with him at the pool but wasn’t swimming, said he did this several times before failing to come back up for air.
- 3 Ways To Help Swimmers Explode Off The Blocks | Swimmer Strength
- Jamal Hill is Teaching 1 Million People to Swim | The Social Kick
- Marist College Ashgrove | AIC Swimming 2021
- 2021 Women’s Swimming B1G Championships Cinematic Highlights
- Coach Craig’s Wisdom: What You Learn From Challenging Yourself | Endurance Swimming: Open Water Training
- All About Mark Spitz | Inside with Brett Hawke
- Swim Across America 2021 Event Preview
- Master Undulation in the Butterfly ft. Dylan Carter | Olympians’ Tips