A young man who died trying to jump from a light pole into a Gisborne swimming pool had spent the afternoon playing football and enjoying a few drinks with friends.
The 20-year-old had been at his friend’s family home in Lytton West when he attempted the fatal jump from a tennis court light pole.
“My wife and I were here until just before the incident actually happened,” the property owner, who did not want to be identified, said.
“There were about 20 of them just having a few pre-drinks before going to Rhythm & Vines. They were my son’s friends.
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach
- Tokyo opens 15,000-seat Olympic aquatics centre
- Etiene Medeiros 🆚 Katinka Hosszu at Windsor 2016 🏊♀️ 🏁 | FINA World Championships
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths
- Drone footage captures swimmers, sharks and salmon interacting at Australia’s Bondi Beach
- Representing Your Name // with Olympic Water Polo Player Maggie Steffens
- 🔥 Vladimir Morozov wins Gold in a dominant fashion at Istanbul 2012! 🔥 | FINA World Championships
- Heroes recognized for saving swimmer’s life at Roger Carter Community Center