A Frankfort couple have charged in a Fayette Circuit Court lawsuit that negligence by Transylvania University led to the drowning of their 13-year-old son in a university swimming pool in June.
The suit was filed Monday by Ricky L. and Jessica A. Harris, whose son, Ricky Harris III,died June 23 after losing consciousness during a recreational swim at Transy’s William T. Young Campus Center. He was attending an academic summer camp at Transy.
The lawsuit alleges that because of a “culture of disregard as to swimming pool safety” at Transy, Ricky Harris sank under the water without being noticed, remaining underwater “for an extended period of time” before being found.
- Russia’s Putin takes traditional Epiphany dip in icy waters
- Boys Swim Season Restarts
- The Woman Swimming in Frozen Lakes For Lockdown Exercise | This Morning
- Klete Keller: why did an Olympic champion invade the US Capitol?
- The Donna Drake Show with Rowdy Gaines, Three-time Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer
- Olympic Swimmer Hopes His Battle With Depression Can Help Others
- Steve Parry – ‘Public swimming pools could close without complaints’
- Swimming with the Rarest Alligators in the World | Gatorland Vlogs