Neighborhood children are petitioning against Highland Park Independent School District’s $15-$20 million plan to build a new swim center at Curtis Park. The park is considered the summer aquatic, social and recreational hub of University Park.
“We think we should have a say in our community,” one child told CBS 11 News about their petition, which has 500 signatures.
Many neighbors stand in opposition with the children against building the center across from University Park Elementary School.
“I do not support the location of the natatorium,” said one University Park resident, many of who lined up to speak at City Hall. The adults have also started another petition online.
“We don’t think it’s unnecessary to cut down healthy trees that predate the founding of University Park,” said another resident.
- Australian Women’s Awesome Dives at Gwangju 2019 | FINA World Championships
- Beautiful Women’s Dives – Team Great Britain | Gwangu 2019 | FINA World Championships
- Wu Minxia vs He Zi – Epic Diving Gold Medal Battle | Shanghai 2011 | FINA World Championships
- Alessandro De Rose’s spectacular Dive for Bronze at Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Jun Hoong Cheong vs. Si Yajie – Epic Duel for Gold at Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Struggling, This’ll Never Be the Same | Cody Miller Vlogs
- Why I Missed A Match At ISL And How I Keep Busy | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- World’s deepest diving pool opens in Poland