The first edition of the FINA High Diving World Cup will take place in Kazan (RUS), on August 8-10, 2014 gathering the best world athletes in this exciting discipline. This competition will be the first stand-alone event for FINA in High Diving, after its inclusion in the programme of the 2013 FINA World Championships in Barcelona (ESP).
34 divers (25 men and 9 women) representing 16 nations will perform in Kazan, including the 2013 world medallists Orlando Duque (COL), Gary Hunt (GBR) and Jonathan Paredes (MEX) among men and Cesilie Carlton (USA), Ginger Huber (USA) and Anna Bader (GER) in the women’s field. Other male athletes to watch are Steven LoBue (USA) and Artem Silchenko (RUS), shining in the 2014 edition of the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series, while Rachelle Simpson (USA) and Tara Hyer-Tira (USA) are also in good shape this season in this circuit.
The three-day competition includes one men’s session (from the 27m platform) on August 8, in which three rounds of dives will be performed. The best 18 ranked divers after this first session will compete on August 10 in the fourth round of dives, while another selection of the best 12 competitors will be made to the fifth and last round also on Sunday. On August 9, the women’s session (from the 20m platform) will comprise three rounds of dives.
- Hip Movement When Swimming Butterfly Stroke | U.S. Masters Swimming
- Are Pool Main Drains Dangerous? | Swimming Pool Steve
- ‘My Octopus Teacher’ Stuns Audiences, Reinforces Power of Nature
- Arati Saha: Who was the groundbreaking Indian swimmer and why is Google honoring her?
- Aquatic Day Celebration 2020 ● Uganda’s Olympic swimmers on the impact of swimming in their lives
- This woman can do some remarkable dance moves underwater | Your Morning
- 15,000 Calorie Great British Swim Challenge | Zac Perna ft Ross Edgley
- Swimmer Bitten on Head by Crocodile