High Performance Sport New Zealand, which allocates government funding for elite sport, will carry out a reviews of all the sports it funds that competed in Glasgow.
Triathlon failed to win a medal in Glasgow and swimming relied on Lauren Boyle and para swimmer Sophie Pascoe to win medals.
Both sports each received about $2 million in funding from the sports body this year.
HPSNZ chief executive Alex Bauman, himself a former Olympic swimming champion for Canada, is disappointed at the lack of depth in swimming and triathlon.
“While in swimming you know we have Lauren who performed well and obviously Sophie Pascoe, we would have liked to have seen a few more medals there, and triathlon I’m sure they would have been gutted with the performance even though Andrea came fourth, they were hoping to get two medals, so we’ll have to take a look at that for sure.”
- The greatest swimming comeback of all time? | Throwback Thursday
- Swimming lessons in the APY Lands | 7NEWS
- Annual Swimming and Diving Meet Impacts Terre Haute Tourism
- Beloved Missing Swim Coach Found Dead
- What Is Ice Swimming? | MySwimPro
- Speaking Truth to Power | The Social Kick
- Addressing the Dropout in Swimming | Can We Stop Teens From Leaving the Sport? | Propulsion Swimming
- 3 Ways To Help Swimmers Explode Off The Blocks | Swimmer Strength