High Performance Sport New Zealand, which allocates government funding for elite sport, will carry out a reviews of all the sports it funds that competed in Glasgow.
Triathlon failed to win a medal in Glasgow and swimming relied on Lauren Boyle and para swimmer Sophie Pascoe to win medals.
Both sports each received about $2 million in funding from the sports body this year.
HPSNZ chief executive Alex Bauman, himself a former Olympic swimming champion for Canada, is disappointed at the lack of depth in swimming and triathlon.
“While in swimming you know we have Lauren who performed well and obviously Sophie Pascoe, we would have liked to have seen a few more medals there, and triathlon I’m sure they would have been gutted with the performance even though Andrea came fourth, they were hoping to get two medals, so we’ll have to take a look at that for sure.”
- Black bear goes for a swim in Flathead Lake
- Unlikely Olympian ‘Eric the Eel’ reflects on his fame 20 years on | AFP
- Inside with Brett Hawke: Katie McLaughlin
- Migrants jump overboard from NGO vessel to swim to Sicily coast
- Ryan Lochte: My craziest injuries and illnesses
- SharkSmart – swim between the flags
- Swim Lessons Save Lives – Join the Fight to Keep Swim Schools Open
- Anaerobic + Technical Training | Cody Miller Vlogs