See NBC Miami
A pool at a Hialeah apartment complex was drained Monday after three children were shocked as they swam on Sunday.
“When they grabbed on to the metal railing, that’s when they felt the shock and they were paralyzed,” said Mayra Diaz, a cousin of one of the victims.
Diaz said her cousins, Diego and Danniella, were just enjoying the day at the pool with other kids when they were hit with the jolt of electricity. The siblings and one other girl that lives in the complex were all rushed to the hospital.
“They were unconscious when they were outside the pool, except for my little cousin, the boy, he was doing just fine,” Diaz said.
The electrocution comes just two weeks after seven-year-old Calder Sloan died while swimming in a North Miami pool. Police believe Sloan may have electrocuted by a light that sent charges through the water.
See also Fox29